Energy efficient heater FAQ
Here at UKES, we want you to experience the best electric heaters on offer, as well as to feel confident in the different options out there.
We’ve put together this section of FAQs to answer any questions you might have about most energy efficient heater.
How do electric heater save energy?
This could be through a portable electric heater, halogen heater, fan heater or electric space heaters.
Is it expensive to run an energy efficient electric heater?
Which form of electric heating should I pick?
If you are considering investing in the majority of space heaters, you should be aware of how you’re going to run them. This could be through the Economy 7 electric tariff or, if you are using oil filled radiators, you should have a reliable electricity supply.
What type of heater is cheapest to run?
Is it cheaper to use an energy efficient electric heater?
Yes! Not only is a small electric heater energy efficient, but it can also be cheaper than installing an entire central heating system.
Other advantages of the cheapest electric saving heater include:
- No need to pay for maintenance, as most electric heaters have no moving parts
- Using energy-efficient electric space heaters means that you’re not spending additional money on energy as 100% will be used. Standalone heaters are known to use less energy in order to emit heat per hour.
- Investing in smart heaters means you could have more control than ever, such as with a remote control, WiFi connectivity or a digital thermostat.
- You decide which rooms receive heating output thanks to modern thermostat controls on the majority of space heater models.
- Ideal for heating one room or a small space without having to pay further heating bills if you use most space heaters.
Are electric heaters cheaper than gas?
Investing in an energy saving electric heater may be costly initially but even this is worth it in certain circumstances, especially if you use the Economy 7 electricity tariff. We most recommend that you buy an electric storage heater over portable electric heaters, as they can be used to release heat when you need it, either in one blast or per hour.
This is a government backed scheme
Homeowner or Private Tenant
If you’re a landlord and your tenants are on benefits (or the Council participates in LA Flex scheme), you can encourage them to check if they are eligible and improve the energy efficiency of your property for many years to come.
Local authority has grants available
Income Benefits Recipents
- Child Benefits
- Child Tax Credits
- Housing Benefit NEW
- Income based Jobseekers allowance
- Income related Employment & Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Pension Credit Savings Credit NEW
- Universal Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Warm Home Discount Scheme
Don't wait! Apply Today
The ECO4 grant has launched in April last year. The applications are now open so hurry if you don’t want to miss out on a FREE energy efficient heater replacement grant to replace your old electric room heater with modern storage heater.