The Storage Heater Replacement Grant Explained
What is the electric room heater to electric storage heater replacement grant?
The inefficient room heaters to electric storage heater replacement grant is a part of the government’s Energy Company Obligation which is a UK government energy efficiency scheme to help reduce fuel poverty and carbon emissions for those who are looking to find out what government energy grants are available via said ECO scheme.
Do I Qualify for the room electric heater to storage heater replacement grant?
The UK government ECO scheme has certain requirements for those who apply for free storage heaters to replace their old and inefficient electric heating system. But don’t worry! You can check whether you’re eligible on our website. The ECO4 Scheme eligibility check takes only a couple of minutes. And once you’ve submitted all the details and are successful, one of our Energy Advisors will contact you to arrange a fully funded free electric storage heater upgrade.
How is the Electric Room Heaters to Storage Heater Replacement Grant Calculated?
If you have found out you’re eligible for the energy efficient heaters, you may be wondering how much this storage heater grant is. This is dependent on several factors:
- The type of home you and your family live in
- The amount of bedrooms there are in the house
- Whether there are cavity walls or solid walls in your home
- How insulated your house is
This is all due to the fact that they will be calculating the potential savings that could be made in energy savings. Your grant would be increased by having more efficient modern electric storage heaters installed. The vast majority of homeowners have got their storage heaters installed for free!
Type of home
Number of bedrooms
Type of Walls
This is a government backed grant
What If I Don’t Like my Modern Electric Storage Heater?
Some property owners and private tenants worry that they won’t get along with their new storage heater. This could be because they are unsure how to use it properly, or they do not alter the heating controls of their storage heater regularly. By changing the temperature controls regularly, it will have a direct bearing on the heater running costs.
Here are a few things to remember about your storage heater if you are eligible for the government grant:
- There is a settling in period after installation where you may have to adjust the temperature setting more often to discover your ideal comfort level.
- The temperature dials can be altered whether it is hot or cold, much like a shower dial.
- The heater time settings need to be changed when the clocks go forward or backwards.
- The charging period of energy efficient storage heaters is usually between 12am-7am, however your energy provider may operate differently, therefore, the default charging program should be altered accordingly.
- The economy 7 storage heaters use electricity to warm up during off-peak hours at night making your energy tariffs cheaper.
Apply Today for electric room heaters to electric storage heater replacement Grant
The ECO4 fund covers all costs of energy efficiency measures. Find out if you are eligible for a free energy efficiency upgrade today to replace your or electric radiator or heater with modern electric storage heater!